From 18th to 24th November, the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism – the Hague (ICCT) is celebrating its 10th Anniversary. Series of online events and key releases with leading experts in the field of counter-terrorism as we discuss the past 10 years in counter-terrorism, key innovations in our field and future directions for its work: here.
Programme de l’événement :
- November 18th, 1600-1700 (CET / GMT+1) – Webinar discussing the past 10 years with ICCT and what comes next in CT (CT policy, research and practice). Speakers include: Peter Knoope (Founder of ICCT and Former Director), Alexander von Rosenbach (Interim Director), Craig Whiteside (of the US Naval War College) and Katherine Bauer (of the Washington Institute).
- November 18th – The webinar will see the launch of a special edition of ICCT’s research journal, « Evolutions in Counter-Terrorism ». Divided into two volumes, this special edition features both the past publications curated by ICCT’s past directors and newly published articles on the future of terrorism.
- November 19th – Launch of a new and innovative knowledge product: an interactive multimedia game. Examining the aftermath of a key incident in the study of terrorism, this narrative places readers in the perspective of practitioners, policy-makers and the general public as the navigate important dilemmas in the field of counter-terrorism. Flashpoints is a text-based interactive game that draws upon research and expertise by ICCT into counter-terrorism strategic communications, rule of law aspects of CT and criminal justice responses to terrorism.
- November 24th, 1600-1730 (CET / GMT+1) – In this webinar, Prof. em Alex. P Schmid will present the Handbook of Terrorism Prevention and Preparedness. This ambitious joint project aims to be an authoritative resource on anticipatory counter-terrorism and features contributions from leading experts in the field. He will be joined by prominent authors who contributed to the Handbook.
- November 24 – The Handbook of Terrorism Prevention and Preparedness, edited by Prof. em. Alex P. Schmid. This ambitious joint project aims to be an authoritative resource on anticipatory counter-terrorism and features contributions from 40 experts in the field. Prof. em. Schmid, former Officer-in-Charge of the UN Terrorism Prevention Branch in Vienna, and Research Fellow of ICCT, will present in the webinar with some of his fellow contributors to share some key insights and goals of the project.