Conférence en ligne (Zoom) sur « Deradicalization Work and Recidivism« , organisée par le Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) et le German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP). Contact : Miriam Heß (firstname.lastname@example.org). Lundi 22 juin 2020, 16h30-18h30.
Présentation par les organisateurs
The attacks in the United Kingdom by convicted terrorist offenders Usman Khan in November 2019 and by Sudesh Amman in February 2020 fueled the debate about the potential threat posed by released prisoners and the risk of terrorist recidivism. At the same time, research suggests that recidivism rates are actually very low at even less than 5 percent. As part of the “International Forum for Expert Exchange on Countering Islamist Extremism” (InFoEx), we invite you to this online event to discuss the existing scientific evidence and experiences from practitioners working in the field of prevention of extremism, as well as consequences for deradicalization and disengagement work in Germany.
- Introduction: Sofia Koller, Research Fellow; Project Leader “International Forum for Expert Exchange on Countering Islamist Extremism” (InFoEx), DGAP, Germany.
- Moderator: Alexander Ritzmann (Associate Fellow, DGAP; Member of the Steering Committee, Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN), Germany).
- Prof. Dr. Andrew Silke, Professor for Terrorism, Risk & Resilience, University of Cranfield, United Kingdom
- Samet Er, Counselor, Violence Prevention Network, Germany
- Gaby Thijssen, Psychologist, High Security and Terrorist Unit, Vught Prison, Netherlands
The event will be held in German and English with translation and under Chatham House Rule. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the event. Participants will be able to ask questions and make comments during the live conversation.