Appel à compétences du Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN) sur « How to support victims in sharing their counter and alternative narratives?« . Date butoir : 8 juin 2020.
This is an online meeting that will take place on 11 June from 14.00-16.30 CET.
For the meeting on ‘‘How to support victims in sharing their counter and alternative narratives?’ the RAN is currently looking for suitable communications experts.
Topic of meeting « Voices of victims and narratives of victims of terrorism » can be a powerful alternative or counter-narrative and increase the effectiveness of P/CVE efforts. What can victims of terrorism learn from C&N experts on using the voices of victims (do’s and don’ts)?
The focus of this meeting is twofold:
- On the one hand to enhance these efforts of victims of terrorism by having communication and counter- and alternative narrative experts sharing their experiences and insights on the do’s and don’ts of campaigning in a P/CVE context.
- On the other hand, victims will be invited to actively share their experience and lessons learned from their own communications campaigns and AN/CN, so communications experts can learn from this when wanting to position victims as their messengers in their campaigns.
This will be done by adapting the GAMMMA+ model to the setting in which victims of terrorism communicate their stories and to what is needed for victims to enhance the impact of their stories. The goal is to support victims of terrorism in professionally sharing their stories and voices in order to share these as counter and alternative narratives, as well as learn from them whether there are specific lessons in relation to the model that can be drawn for this specific group.
Call for participants
The RAN ist currently looking for communications experts who have experience in executing and evaluating campaigns in a P/CVE context and who are potentially willing to discuss one of their campaigns during this meeting so victims of terrorism can learn from these.
In order to find the best suited participants, the RAN would like to ask you if you could answer the following questions when sharing your interest to participate:
- What is your P/CVE campaign about/what is the goal?
- Who is your target audience?
- Who are your messengers?
- Have you ever involved victims as messengers?What is the message you want to share?
- Which media are you using?
- What is the call to action you want to do?
- What is the size (i.e. budget, scope, size of target group) of this campaign?
- What monitoring and evaluation mechanisms do you use?
- What went well and what was challenging in this?
If you are interested in participating at this meeting, could you please elaborate on these questions before the 8th of June the latest by sending your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com?
We will invite participants based on this information. Please keep in mind that we only invite a limited amount of participants to this meeting to ensure valuable exchange and interaction, so participation is not guaranteed.